Enjoy plant-based dishes while getting enough nutrients for bodybuilding with these easy, delicious vegetarian meal prep recipes.
In this article:
- Herb Scrambled Egg with Sun-dried Tomato Grilled Cheese
- Zucchini Pasta With Tomatoes and Avocado Sauce
- Vegetarian Quinoa Bowl
- Delicious Chickpea Salad
- Turkish-Style Bean Salad
5 Delicious Vegetarian Meal Prep Recipes for Bodybuilders
1. Herb Scrambled Egg with Sun-dried Tomato Grilled Cheese
Gym-goers looking for easy vegetarian meals for breakfast can try this scrambled egg recipe. It’s one of the best flexible vegetarian recipes and has a good mix of protein, fiber, healthy fats, and carbs.
Plus, what makes this one of the best vegetarian recipes for breakfast is its short cooking time. Fitness buffs can whip up a few of these vegetarian meals in just a matter of minutes.
- 2 tbsp. chopped sun-dried tomato, no oil
- 1 large egg
- Chopped herbs
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- 1 slice low-fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 slices wheat bread
- Crack the egg in a medium-sized bowl and whisk it with the egg whites, salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Throw in the sun-dried tomatoes and beat the egg mixture some more.
- Cook the omelet in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Fry the scrambled eggs until the skin starts to turn golden brown.
- Place the cheese and eggs in between the two slices of bread.
- Fry the sandwich on the non-stick pan until the cheese melts.
2. Zucchini Pasta With Tomatoes and Avocado Sauce
Who says fitness buffs can’t include a bit of pasta in their vegetarian or vegan bodybuilder diet? This zucchini pasta meal is one of the easiest vegetarian lunch ideas for gym-goers to try.
On average, it’ll take less than an hour to prepare this easy vegetarian recipe. To shave off around 30 minutes of cooking time, cook the pasta ahead of time.
Gym-goers who’ll use this for their vegan bodybuilder meal plan should do away with the parmesan.
- 3 cups red and yellow cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 zucchini, spiralized
- 1 avocado, pitted
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 green onions (green parts)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Place all the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a blender and pulse until the ingredients form a smooth, thick blend.
- Boil and cook the spaghetti according to its package instructions. Set aside for later use.
- Cook the tomatoes in a large non-stick skillet pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until they burst and become roasty-looking. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the zucchini noodles into the skillet and stir-fry for two minutes.
- Next, pour in the avocado sauce and pasta then toss around for a couple of minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Top with parmesan and cherry tomatoes and serve.
3. Vegetarian Quinoa Bowl
Prepare a week’s worth of vegetarian quinoa bowls in just around 15 minutes. It may seem like one of the simplest vegetarian meal prep recipes, but each serving is brimming with nutrients.
A single container of quinoa bowl has enough protein, fiber, mineral, and carbs to help the body perform at peak performance all day.
- 15 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 avocados, halved
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Lime silvers
- 2 romaine heads, chopped
- 1/2 cup salsa, divided
- Combine the beans, quinoa, cilantro, corn, lime juice, and spices in a large salad bowl.
- Next, add in the romaine, salsa, and avocado.
- Divide the salad into multiple meal prep containers.
- Top off each salad with some lime wedges then store in the fridge. For best taste, make sure to eat it in five days.
4. Delicious Chickpea Salad
Gym-goers who want to lose weight fast should stop eating commercial salads. Most commercial salad dressings already contain hundreds of calories.
Luckily, fitness buffs can opt to make their own healthy, protein-packed chickpea salad in just a matter of minutes.
- 1/4 of a red onion, minced
- 19 oz. can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2/3 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/3 cup radish, chopped
Honey Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsps.white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsps. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
- Take the bulgur and cook it according to the directions on the package then set aside.
- Combine the honey lemon vinaigrette ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir all the salad ingredients except for the chickpeas in a large bowl.
- Take out multiple meal prep containers then evenly divide the chickpeas among them.
- Divide the salad and vinaigrette into the meal prep containers.
- Shake the containers well before eating to mix the vinaigrette.
5. Turkish-Style Bean Salad
People who say low-carb vegetarian recipes don’t provide enough protein definitely haven’t tried this Turkish bean salad. It’s a Mediterranean-style plant-based dish that provides heaps of protein, fiber, and minerals.
Not only will this vegetarian meal prep recipe sustain muscle mass, but it can also help move the food faster through the digestive tract. Plus, beans are very low in calories which makes this dish ideal for fitness buffs trying to lose weight through dieting.
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups boiled white beans
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 bowl ice-cold water
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. sumac
- 1 tsp. salt
- Take a large bowl and combine all the ingredients for the salad, except for the hard-boiled eggs.
- Next, submerge the onions in boiling water for a minute. Afterward, place them in a bowl of ice-cold water. Let it sit for two minutes before draining.
- Mix sumac, salt, and lemon juice in a small cup then pour the contents over the blanched and drained onions. Let the sauce seep in for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take about 3/4 of the onions and toss them into the salad.
- Divide the salad into different bowls and top off with the hard-boiled eggs and remaining onions.
Want more quick and easy vegetarian meal prep recipes? Check out the video below:
To maximize the results of this healthy vegetarian meal prep diet, make sure to do the right workout routines. A healthy diet combined with regular exercise and proper supplementation is non-negotiable to succeed in fitness.
Have you tried these vegetarian meal prep recipes? Share your experience in the comments section below!