Fitness buffs can use these keto meal prep recipes to spice up their diet without sacrificing clean eating and proper nutrition.
In this article:
- Sugar-Free Keto Pancakes
- Breakfast Bowls With Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
- Baked Greek Egg
- Healthy Cauliflower Hashbrowns
- BCT-Stuffed Avocado (Bacon, Chicken, Tomato)
- Shrimp Skillet With Avocado and Tomato
- Bacon-Stuffed Cheesy Peppers
7 Delicious Keto Meal Prep Ideas Gym-Goers Will Love
1. Sugar-Free Keto Pancakes
This sugar-free, paleo-style easy keto meal prep recipe is both delicious and nutritious. It’s sugar-free, paleo-style, and has a whopping 27 grams of protein.
- 10 tbsp. almond flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (almond, coconut, hemp, flax, pea, organic soy milk)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened nut butter
- Take all of the ingredients and whisk them together in a large bowl.
- Let the mixture sit for around 5 to 10 minutes so the almond flour has enough time to thicken.
- Preheat a skillet over low to medium fire. Once the pan is ready, scoop in multiple 1/4 cup portions of batter into it.
- Cook each side for two to three minutes, flip, and then cook for the same amount of time.
- Separate the pancakes into multiple containers and then sprinkle some crushed nuts on them.
- Serve the pancakes with a drizzle of almond butter and then store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
2. Breakfast Bowls With Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Sticking to one’s diet might be difficult since the body requires calories and nutrients in the middle of the day. So instead of starving oneself, opt for this heavy yet nutritious keto lunch meal prep.
It contains fiber, protein, carbs, and some fat from the bacon. It may be a bit fatty, but gym-goers can use the extra calories to power through the rest of the day!
- 8 slices of bacon
- 4 cups arugula
- 8 asparagus spears
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Berries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Take a piece of large asparagus and then wrap it in bacon. If they are too small, then bundle two to three sticks together with one bacon strip.
- Place the asparagus on a baking tray and then broil for seven minutes.
- Flip each piece and then broil for three to seven minutes until the bacon is done.
- Lastly, combine the bacon-wrapped asparagus in a salad and pair with eggs and berries.
- Serve with a lemon wedge and then store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
3. Baked Greek Egg
— Food Republic (@foodrepublic) December 22, 2014
Gym-goers who are tired of eating the same oatmeal every day can try this keto breakfast meal prep recipe. It’s a protein-packed, low-carb meal that gives fitness buffs the energy they need to start and end the day like a champ.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs together in a large bowl.
- Afterward, throw in the tomatoes, spices, feta, and kale.
- Take a baking pan and line it with foil so it’ll be easier to remove the Greek eggs from later.
- Coat the pan with nonstick spray.
- Bake the mixture in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Slice, serve, and then store the leftovers in the refrigerator. For best taste, consume within five days after cooking.
4. Healthy Cauliflower Hashbrowns
— yumgoggle (@yumgoggle) March 1, 2017
Whoever said hashbrowns can’t be healthy hasn’t tried this vegetarian keto meal prep snack. Each hashbrown has 5 g of carbs, 7 g of protein, 2 g of fiber, and only around 150 calories!
- 1 egg
- 3 cups cauliflower, grated
- 3/4 cup cheese, shredded (Muenster, blue, cheddar, brie, mozzarella, gouda)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Microwave the grated cauliflower head for three minutes, let it cool, place on paper towels, and then wring out excess water.
- Place the dried out cauliflower in a large bowl, combine with the rest of the ingredients, and then stir together.
- Coat the baking tray with nonstick oil and then form around six square-shaped hashbrowns from the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Let cool for 1o minutes, serve, and then store leftovers in the refrigerator.
5. BCT-Stuffed Avocado (Bacon, Chicken, Tomato)
— PaleoNewbie (@PaleoNewbie) February 10, 2016
What makes this one of the best keto meal prep ideas is how it’s so easy to make. To save some time, gym-goers should cook the chicken and bacon ahead of time and just throw the ingredients together when you’re ready to make a batch — this will make this keto dish even more convenient.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup grape tomato, chopped
- 3 bacon strips
- 2 avocado
- 1/3 cup paleo-style mayo
- Chicken seasoning
- Onions (optional)
- Coat the chicken breasts in seasoning, grill until done, and then slice into cubes.
- Next, cook the three bacon strips, chop, and then set aside.
- Place the chicken, onions, bacon, and tomatoes in a medium-sized bowl.
- Scoop in some paleo-style mayo and then stir the ingredients together.
- Half and pit avocados and then fill the pits with the chicken mixture.
6. Shrimp Skillet With Avocado and Tomato
Instead of going out to an unhealthy fast food restaurant, try this keto meal prep recipe! It’s low in calories yet high in protein and fiber.
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled
- 1 lbs. tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. parsley, dried
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. chipotle peppers
- 1 avocado, diced and pitted
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium to high heat.
- Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and parsley on the shrimp.
- Cook the shrimp on a hat pan for a minute, flip them over, and then cook again for one more minute.
- Afterward, throw in the white scallion parts, chipotle, and dried parsley. Cook for about a minute.
- Remove from the pan from heat and then add in the green scallion parts, cilantro, lime juice, and avocados.
- Serve on a plate and store leftovers in the refrigerator.
7. Bacon-Stuffed Cheesy Peppers
Instead of downing a gallon of Coke and finishing a bag of potato chips, try these healthy keto meal prep snacks instead! These keto, low-fat cheesy peppers will keep the tummy from rumbling and muscles from depleting.
- 6 sweet peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tbsps. green onions, sliced
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and then coat cookie sheet with some nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk together the cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder with an electric mixer until forms a smooth, creamy texture.
- Next, fill each pepper with the cream cheese filling, place on the cookie sheet, sprinkle with extra cheese, and then bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let it cool before eating and then sprinkle with some cilantro.
Wondering what to eat to start your keto diet? Watch this video from RuledMe and find out the list of foods that works for keto:
These are just some of the best keto meal prep recipes that gym-goers can try. Overall, the goal should be to find healthy recipes that suit one’s needs, goals, and lifestyle.
Also, keep in mind that eating healthy keto meal prep recipes is not enough to achieve a well-sculpted body. Gym-goers should make sure to take the right supplements and follow intense workout programs to maximize the results of these diets.
Which of these keto meal prep recipes would you try today? Post your thoughts in the comments section down below!